GPA is a committed group, rooted in the community and, despite its very rapid development, strives to maintain its social and environmental values.
The group is thus involved in the life of the associations within the territory in which it is located.
Vaincre la Mucoviscidose
“Vaincre la Mucoviscidose” is an association created in 1965, which accompanies cystic fibrosis patients and their families in every aspect of their life shaken by illness. The association is organized around 4 primary missions: healing, caring, living better, informing and raising awareness.
La fondation Ardouvin
Created in 2005, the Ardouvin Foundation runs the children’s village of Vercheny, a village 50 km from Valence in the Drôme valley. It receives 67 children entrusted by social services of the Social Welfare for Children or by the judges of the children as part of an educational assistance measure. These young people are hosted in single houses held by couples, who have made the choice to live with them on the spot and to support them on a daily basis and whose objective is to provide them with benchmarks and a reassuring and structuring living environment.
Les restaurants du Coeur
“Les restaurants du Coeur” were created by Coluche in 1985.
We support the branch of Livron-sur-Drôme and offer all the beneficiaries of Restos du coeura discount on their purchases in store.
GPA ADHERES TO
GPA is also very committed to the sustainable development of its region and is a member of the BioVallée.
The BioVallée was born in the 1980s along the Drôme River and aims to design, identify, promote and multiply sustainable development practices accessible to all.
It aims to place sustainable development at the heart of human, agricultural, economic and cultural activities.
Representing today a large territory at the center of Drôme between the agglomerations of Valence and Montélimar, it seeks to provide a living and working environment favorable to the creation of businesses and the development of activities; acting for the respect of the environment, the well-being of the inhabitants, territorial and social solidarity.
- Today, the Biovallée is an eco-territory of reference and anchors its work around three main axes
- Strengthen eco-activities
- Valuing existing bio-resources
- Be a national school territory
Here some of its goals :
- Reduce the territory’s energy consumption by 20% in 2025 and more than 50% in 2040
- Reach 50% of organic farmers and land in 2020
- Offer 80% organic or local food for group catering in 2025
- To cover 25% of the territory’s energy consumption by 2025 and 100% by 2040 through local renewable energy production
- Halve waste to treatment centers by 2025
- Generate 2500 new jobs in the territory by 2025 through actions in eco-sectors